andr by text or phone
Sean at about age 3 or 4
I'm appreciative that the Press is trying to bring awareness and change to stop future drowning unfortunately they failed to speak of some of these changes that need immediate implementation. With 70 drowning deaths in Utah county just since the year 2000. We must take action NOW to save lives in our community.
One other thing most people don't realize is that we are putting our professional Transport Teams, Rescuers, Police, EMT, and other lives in danger every time they are called upon to save those in the water. I know as a former EMT that often the physical threats and Injuries heal much faster than the mental languish that can linger for years.
1. Lowering water levels on busy holiday seasons from the Deer Creek Water Reservoir right above the falls..
2. Barricades that guard but not distract from the rivers beauty.
3. GPS coordination from popular phone apps with law enforcement, 911 operators , and rescue teams. Life360 is one of many excellent apps. Having a waterproof phones or water proof case. here is s a list of other great APPS:
4. Amber like alert for when people and especially children fall or slip in the water creating a "Londo Alert" in honor of 4 year old London who also drowned. If her family agreed. This will let all know with that one name "people in water need help".
5. Warning signs of high rapid water dangers in words, symbols and Spanish as well as other popular languages. At trailhead and along the path.
6. Solar powered small tablet sized check-in sites for hiker's or bikers so loved ones will know of last location and hiking plans.
8. Highly visible box stations that contain rescue ropes with round life preservers.
7. Automatic Net or Ropes drops under bridges along river.
8.Increase County, Public Works funds for drowning defense spending.
9. Free for Check out and return Healthy Parent Toddler -Children Backpack with Leash
10. Awareness of extra level location and protection devices that are satellite not cell phone tower reliant such as the SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS Messenger, you can reach emergency respondents, check-in with family or friends, share GPS coordinates and track your adventures, all at the push of a button for adults
11. For children: AngelSense a proven GPS & Voice-Monitoring solution designed for children and even individuals with special needs
12. Volunteer Bridal Veil Falls Host or Rangers.
13. Putting faces to the warning stations so that the threat of danger is more respected as a clear and present danger. You will see names and dates of those that have died